The Cathedral Choir can trace its origins to the consecration of the Cathedral in 1868 and this establishes this group as one of the oldest continuously active choirs in Australia. The choir comprises boy choristers and choral scholars from St Andrew's Cathedral School, as well as a group of gentlemen, known as lay clerks who sing the lower parts.
Through overseas tours and recordings St Andrew's Cathedral Choir has won an international reputation and has accepted invitations to deputise for the resident choirs in such places as St Paul's Cathedral London, Canterbury & York and many other important centres of Anglican worship. In 2002 the choristers appeared before H.M. the Queen at a Golden Jubilee concert in St George's Chapel Windsor Castle and also made a significant contribution to the ANZAC day service in Westminster Abbey.
St. Andrew's Cathedral Choir, Sydney Given as a promotional item or staff gift by a company called 'Sisalkraft'. Not dated but appears to be early or mid 1960s. Master of the Choristers Kenneth Long.