All Saints' Church is one of Melbourne's oldest. The foundation stone was laid on 8th November 1858 and the first service was held in the church on the 8th December 1861. All Saints' has the only traditional parish choir of men and boys in the Diocese of Melbourne.
All Saints' has a choral tradition going back to the mid-19th Century. The parish choir sings at the principal Sunday Mass, and at Evensong on the first Sunday of the month, except during the school holidays. Many of the choir boys attend St. Michael's Grammar School, which is located a few hundred metres from the church, although choristers from any school are welcome. A mixed choir, called the All Saints' Singers, assists at other services.
The repertoire of the choir reflects the anglo-catholic tradition of All Saints', with music ranging from Gregorian Chant and traditional Anglican Psalmody through the great sacred choral music of England and Europe to contemporary classical choral music. The choir sings for Solemn Mass at 10.00 am on Sundays during the school term. As well, the choir sings for Evensong at 5.00 pm on the first Sunday of the month during school term. In addition, the choir sings for a number of high feast days, for example, Christmas.